Lake Houses for Sale in Hawaii
Find Lake Houses and Waterfront Land for Sale
Hawaii ranks among the country's smallest states in terms of size, covering an area of 10,932 square miles (7 million acres). Of this area, 6,423 square miles (58.8 percent) is land, while the remaining 4,509 square miles (41.2 percent) is covered by water (defined as inland lakes, Great Lakes water, coastal waters or territorial waters). Lands of America research shows that 81 percent of land in Hawaii is privately owned. According to U.S. Census Bureau data, Hawaii has 7,000 farms totaling 1 million acres, placing the state at number 44 in the country in terms of the number of farms in the state; the state ranks 43rd given the size of its farming acreage (Hawaii ranks 41st when factoring total agriculture acreage as a proportion of the entire state). Recent data from Lands of America shows nearly $2 billion in land, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in the Pineapple State, which covers over 36,000 acres of land for sale in Hawaii. This is a zero percent drop from last month in the number of Hawaii land and property for sale. Of the 5 counties in the state, Hawaii County had the most land and acreage for sale. There were three acres of sold land in Hawaii recorded last month through the Lands of America sales program. This reflects a decrease in sales activity over data from the month before. Hawaii County saw the most land sales recently in the state. Hawaii is one of the country's smallest states in terms of size, covering an area of 10,932 square miles (7 million acres).
Waterfront Property for sale in Kauai County Hawaii